the Kansas - Oregon trail

we're not in los angeles anymore...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, OR, United States

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Punk rock just won't bring home the bacon, so we sold out!

*


The spacemen landed at MFNW Saturday night. Tin foil hats ruled the place. The crowd either loved or hated it. As always, I guess. It was so much fun.

There were so many good bands playing, it was hard to know where to go. I have to say, being a father I didn't really get out to many of them, but it was a lot of fun when I did and good to see how good the music scene is up here in Portland. I caught a 5:30 show by No Age because it was on the way home from work. Now, that's old guy flavored show.

Flipper played at 1pm on Saturday. 

Yep, that Flipper, just with Chris Novoselic playing bass now. They still confounded people like they always did. Creepy and intense, still. Frustrating aural landscapes that are less music than art and comment on consumption. At least to me. They were LOUD and angry. Such a fun night.



*



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home