the Kansas - Oregon trail

we're not in los angeles anymore...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland, OR, United States

Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving Day -and a gentleman's game.

*


Grandpa Etter was in town to see his new granddaughter. I think there was some love in the air.

My sister Alison was here as well. Such a pleasant young girl...

Kristin as well. It has been really nice to have everyone here. I know I've said that before, but it has helped the transition to new parents to have everyone support us by coming out to visit. Many thanks.



my mother was there in spirit...

thanksgiving day at Linda's home.


we were given cards and then had to match them up with one on a plate to mix up the seating arrangement. It was fun and everyone said one thing that they were grateful for. New friends for sure.

then the feasting began.



the pie table. homemade pumpkin, pumpkin cheesecake, sweet potato and pecan pies.

all day bocci ball madness until late into the night out by the tree. a gentleman's game, appropriately.

new mother and daughter.



*

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Wendy, you look so beautiful and happy being a new mom. I am so happy for you! Happy Thanksgiving! Give Violet a little hug for me. I wish I could come visit, but I can't afford it right now. Perhaps when miss Violet is a little bit older, and then I could bring Sophia. Then they could play together, hehe. Anyways, Much love, Mindy

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohmygod your brother looks so much like your dad... freaky.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

It's amazing to me how much the Etter men look alike. I thought to myself how much he looked just like you and Paul (before I read it was your dad). Amazing.

Violet gets cuter everyday. Congrats to you both!

Lisa (taryn & paul's friend)

4:18 PM  
Blogger tinman said...

thanks, lisa. she does get cuter every day. i thought it was just a dad thing. where are you viewing her from? did we meet when i came to tucson?

michael

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home